“I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It’s the universe’s way of providing contrast, you know? There has to be a few holes in the road. It’s how life is.” -The Truth About Forever (Sarah Dessen)
--
So, taking exams was definitely not the way I would have liked to spend the week but what came after made all the dread seem like nothing (:
Friday at Marina Barrage with favourite dancers was nothing short of fun (: Blowing bubbles & spinning in circles reminded me of the child-like innocence that can still exist despite the growing up/growing old. And I actually really liked being in the sun after being cooped up indoors, away from the glory of sunshine, for most of the month.
But the most important of all was still the awesome company! Nothing to say but love love love!
Saturday spent with Eunice Goh! (: We didn't even know what we were doing, walking all around Orchard, but it didn't matter because we were just so deep in conversation. I'm so glad that I got to know her through highlights! Truly a God-given friendship (:
Sunday saw me retuning to church for the first in a long time! To be honest, it wasn't the best experience but I'm always thankful for any time I get to spend in His presence. Which is actually a very illogical thing to say considering He is with us no matter where we go but still.
& also, got to catch up with Sarah! Amazing girl that one :D
After that met Joyce and the 2 boys for dinner, and it was fun as always! (:
(I think I use the word 'fun' too much)
Monday with Anthea! (: Ahhhh most relaxing day I've had in the longest time! Was tired of going to town so we went to Novena instead! Spent a long time just sitting & talking, then went to Trumpet Praise where we also spent a long time looking at books. Really want to read "Heaven is For Real" now!! When I told people about the book they mostly just got goosebumps but when they get over the kind of creepy part it was sheer wonder (:
Afterwards we got Baskin-Robbins - which is quite good - and sat outside Velocity just people-watching. The wind & great company completed the whole experience (:
So that sums up my fantastic long weekend! And really, words don't do it justice.
--
Had an intimate, meaningful talk with Tiffy yesterday too! Her strength & capability is astounding, but more significantly, the certainty of what she wants in her life. I have so much to learn.
--
I think I want to take this time to acknowledge the silent heroes in my life, the people I don't give much credit to!
1. My family. We don't always get along, but I wouldn't trade them for anyone else in the world. They've shared my life for the longest time and I know that there's nothing I can do to make them love me less. Time to show more appreciation!
2. J. We've been talking for quite some time now and although I've never said it, I'm really grateful for his presence in my life. I think the friendship we share is the simplest & purest I've ever had.
--
I will watch my heart.
DEBORAH
CHRISTIAN
raffles softball
raffles cdance
raffles interact